Saturday 24 June 2017

A late start...

I was working today, but not until 3pm so we took Sophie to work, went to water Mum and Dad's garden and popped to Tesco to buy some essentials.

The weather today has been overcast with the odd sunny spell, and it's considerably cooler than of late. I drove to work for 3pm and arrived 25 minutes early to find that the store had been quiet today. As soon as I arrived, James the manager left so the atmosphere lightened quite a bit! There wasn't any wine to put away and very few customers, so it was a much different day to yesterday.

We tried the wines that were open for tasting which was very pleasant and one part of the job that I really love! I also tried a Cassis liqueur that had been made in Britain but was set to be sold for over £20 a bottle...way too expensive in my opinion!

As we were so quiet I left at 6pm and said I would do my extra hour on Monday when there will be more things to do. I drove to collect Sophie from work and also picked up Mike who was nearby. It was lovely to drive home knowing that we had tomorrow off and that I had more time to relax and have a drink before dinner!

No comments: