Tuesday 13 June 2017

Sophie plays nurse.

Luckily, Sophie was at home today so she looked after Keith. I was at work and Mike went to college so I dropped him off and was early again!

The manager made a return today which was a bit of a shock...he was very quiet and barely spoke but I helped Shereen re-organise the whole of the Italian section so we were kept very busy. We had a nice break when one of the delivery drivers made us all a cup of tea, which I think was very sweet of him! He brought in three pallets and I put away a lot of the stock after lunch, including some very heavy cases of bottled water...a mere six bottles of wine in a box was nothing after that!

The manager opened up a bit in the afternoon so today wasn't as bad as I feared it would be, but it was still great to leave at 4pm, pick up Mike and head home. There was no rest for me, though, as I had to head to Tesco with Sophie and shop for tonight and tomorrow. We really should have sorted this out last week, but I thought Keith would be driving. It never occurred to me that he wouldn't want to drive so soon after his operation! Duh!

We bought individual pies and vegetables for dinner tonight and cold meats and salad for tomorrow as it's supposed to be warm and humid. We also bought some beers as I felt we all deserved a treat! We all sat and played cards before dinner which was lovely and Keith seemed to be a little better although he still has pain in his tummy.

After dinner I went and had a bath and soaked my aching muscles. Heaven!


No comments: