Monday 19 June 2017

So hot!

Last night was very uncomfortable and it just brings it home to me how unsuitable our houses are in this country for hot weather. It felt like all our carpets, curtains and upholstery had soaked up the heat through the day and let it back out at night. I didn't sleep very well, despite the fan going full pelt all night!

I took Mike to college and Sophie to work before going myself. I was working with James (Assistant Manager) and Shereen today and I have to say it was a good day, even though we had a lot of wine to put away. My first customer was a lovely lady from Houston in Texas and I really wanted to know what she was doing in Northampton, but didn't want to appear too nosy! She bought a bottle of Cava and said that although it was hot here, it was nothing compared to the temperatures in Texas!

I left at 4pm and was astonished to see the temperature outside: 34c!


Thank goodness we have air conditioning in the shop! I went to collect Mike who said that he was now finished for this year and had passed with a Merit! I was jubilant and so pleased that he had worked hard and completed his first year! We drove home in heavy traffic and I jumped into the shower before lying on the bed, with the fan on, watching Pointless with Keith who had been a bit bored today on his own.

Keith and I went back into town to collect Sophie and we sat in the garden for a while to try and get cool. Here are some photos I took of Monty on Saturday:


Chicken leg is fully extended

Trying to fins some shade!

Dinner tonight was spaghetti bolognese, but it was really too hot to eat!

No comments: