Wednesday 14 June 2017

Lots of chats!

Today dawned bright and sunny and this lovely weather is set to continue for the rest of the week and into the weekend. Hooray!

I took Mike to college and Sophie to work today so I was a little late arriving at the Guildhall, but it really couldn't be helped. I wished I'd booked today off as I hated leaving Keith alone at home, especially as he was still in a fair bit of pain.

We had a quiet day with clients arriving sporadically which gave us lots of opportunities for a chat and Hadeer told us all about Ramadan and the meanings behind it, which was very interesting. Priya came over in the afternoon and the session was a bit busier with two clients arriving at the same time just as we were thinking of closing up for the day!

We also spoke about the terrible fire in a block of flats in London and I did wonder how much more can our capital take? The emergency services must be stretched to their limit.

On the way back to the car I bought some more dressings for Keith's operations wounds and then went to collect both Mike and Sophie which was a bonus as I thought she was going to be at work all day.

Back home Keith got into the shower and I re-dressed his wounds so he felt a lot better. The beautiful weather continued and we sat in the conservatory and played cards which was lovely.  Dinner was cold meats and salad - perfect for a warm and sunny day!

Later in the evening I watered the garden and Monty and I sat and watched the bats wheeling about - there seemed to be lots of them swooping about among the trees and it was great to see them so active!

No comments: