Sunday 4 June 2017

A hard day's work...

I have to admit to not being that keen on going into work today, especially as the weather was beautiful and all my family were at home!

It was hard work, though, and the time did go fairly quickly as we had to try and put away as much stock as we could from three pallets, which meant carrying boxes of wine about and moving the existing display to fit them in. First of all, though, we carried out the weekly check on the delivery van and it made me realise I never do that on my own car!

It was a very quiet morning without that many customers, but of course, as soon as we sat down to eat some lunch, everyone came in! The previously beautiful weather turned at lunchtime and we had an afternoon of heavy showers, with a really hard downpour when we left at 5pm. Shereen gave me half a bottle of fizz to take home which went down very well when I got home and we sat in the conservatory playing cards before dinner!

After a supper of cold meats and salad (my favourite) we watched the Ariana Grande concert from Manchester. Of course, it was all the more poignant after last night's events in London in which seven people died. These are very dark days indeed at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens next Thursday, when the country goes out to vote!

No comments: