Monday 1 May 2017

Blow out!

My tummy really hurt this morning, so much so that I Googled appendicitis but thankfully, it doesn't sound like I have that! I took some more Ibuprofen and sat on the sofa for a while until the pain eased.

Keith wanted to go to Tesco as we were due to have sweet and sour chicken for dinner and he said that he just couldn't face any more chicken served with rice. He said he was sprouting feathers and starting to cluck!

I felt a bit better so we both went and bought food for tonight and Wednesday night. The supermarket was packed with people - not really the way I wanted to spend a Bank Holiday Monday! We returned home and I just lazed about which made me feel guilty but I was determined to take it easy today.

The weather hasn't been brilliant but we have had the occasional sunny spell and Sophie and I managed to sit in the garden for ten minutes with Monty. The robin is constantly about at the moment and flying backwards and forwards feeding his babies, I presume. I think his nest is on the other side of the fence. It's lovely first thing in the morning when I go to take the food out and we have a little chat. He stares at me and turns his head this way and that as if he's really listening!

Mike wanted to go to Brixworth later in the afternoon so Keith took him (I've been banned from driving while my stomach hurts) and I went and had a long soak in the bath followed by a nap on our bed.

Mike called at about 6.30pm for us to pick him up and Keith went on his own. About twenty minutes after he'd gone Sophie took a call from Mike to say that they'd had a puncture...just what we didn't need today! As Keith had gone to collect Mike in a pair of shorts, he'd asked that we meet them in Scaldwell with some warmer clothes.

Sophie and I sped off and found both of them about to change the wheel. Luckily it was one of the front tyres, which was due to be replaced anyway. Keith put on the spare tyre while Mike un-jacked the car and we all returned home to make a late start on our dinner of beefburgers and salad.

After dinner we arranged for e-tyres to come out and fit two new tyres on Wednesday...giving us a nice bill of £200! Not a great start to the month!

No comments: