Monday 22 May 2017

A wasted effort...

I was back at work today and arrived very early as I had to call into the post office on the way. Keith drove again and is adamant he will do so this week, at least. Sophie had a driving lesson this morning and went out for two hours in an automatic learner car. I couldn't wait to hear how she had got on!

Part of my duties today was taking down our old promotion in the centre of the shop and getting ready for putting out new wines that we're trying to sell this month. It's a summery theme and James, the assistant manager, thought we could pick our own wines to feature. I spent a good three hours putting away all last month's promotional wines and lugging all the different boxes over to the central area and displaying them as attractively as I could. Although I worked for Duncan for two years, we never really had big nationwide promotions and he would pick a weekly theme and do an attractive window display. I don't have much experience with these sorts of things but I was pleased with how it looked when I was finished!

However, just before I was due to leave he found all the promotional literature and posters and realised there were a set range of wines that had to be featured... five of them were different to what he had chosen. All the work I'd done was a complete waste of time...

I felt a bit annoyed and hoped that before I came back in the morning the other two members of staff would at least take the wines away and put them back where they belonged in the shop!

Sophie had had a good lesson and had found driving an automatic much easier than a manual car. We picked her up at 4.30pm and the weather was glorious - beautiful blue skies and sunshine and it's set to continue this way all week and into the Bank Holiday weekend!

No comments: