Sunday 30 April 2017

A very lazy day!

My tummy is hurting again so I've decided to do very little over today and tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. I'm a bit fed up with this now and everyone is urging me to go and see the doctor but I hate fuss and I'm 99% sure it's something to do with my stomach muscles, so all I need to do is rest and take Ibuprofen.

It's been a pleasant day, weather-wise, but very windy so we weren't able to sit out in the garden. Mike called me at 9am to go and fetch him from town after his party of last night. Keith went for a long walk so Sophie and I went and he was a bit groggy from lack of sleep.

He had work at midday, though, and he was a lot brighter by the time we took him! I'm just so glad he has a job and can earn his own money! Keith and I went to Brixworth to get a newspaper and some crusty bread to go with our paella tonight and then it was home to relax and do very little.

Sophie and I did manage to go for a little walk around the estate with Monty later in the afternoon, though, and we went down to the gate first to see if the horses were about. They weren't so we turned back and met Michelle who was posting a letter. We had a brief chat and then Lynn (another neighbour) came around the corner, on her way to visit the Open Gardens in the village. Our brief chat turned into a longer one and Richard came to find Michelle as she'd been gone so long (he was parked at the entrance to the estate as they were on their way out). It was all very sociable especially when we waved hello to some more neighbours who were on their way out on a walk!

Sophie and I carried on around the estate with Monty who frolicked about like he was a young cat. Unbelievable to think he's now eleven years old...in his sixties if he were a human!

Dinner tonight was paella and Keith and Sophie made it - it was delicious and there was an awful lot of it!

No comments: