Thursday 18 May 2017

Not the best of days!

I woke up feeling really horrible this morning and I was just glad I wasn't at work or had anywhere important to go. Keith told me to stay in bed and he would call the doctor as soon as it was 8am. I went back to sleep and the next thing I knew he was telling the kids to hurry up and get ready as he had booked me an appointment at just past 9am.

He disappeared to do the school run while I  had a shower but I felt achy all over and a bit sick. Had I eaten something dodgy? I really wanted Keith to get back before I went to the GP's surgery, and luckily he did so he drove me there. I didn't have to wait very long and when I went in to see her, I explained about the pain, how long I'd had it and how it kept appearing and disappearing. She seemd to think it was muscular, especially as it didn't hurt when I was lying or sitting still.

She gave my tummy an examination and has arranged for blood tests and an ultra sound scan which will probably take place in the next few weeks. I went home and Keith suggested I go and sit with Mum while he went and did the shopping, which was a good idea as I felt a bit weepy!

It was lovely to sit and relax with Mum and Dad but I did worry about Keith going and doing the shopping on his own although he was just doing a quick shop for the rest of the week and the weekend.

He called for me on the way home and I helped him put the shopping away before trying to relax in the afternoon and rest. I was due at the wine shop in the evening for the wine tasting, which I really wasn't looking forward to!

Keith took me at 3.30pm and dropped me off where I helped set up the tables and organise the wines we were going to be offering to our customers. Just before we started we had a tasting of all the wines and as I hadn't eaten that much through the day I did feel a little woozy! I was posted at the welcome barrel and my job was to hand out tasting sheets and a small sample of Champagne for people to try.

The tasting wasn't as manic as I imagined and by 8pm it was all over. We gathered up all the dirty glasses and put the first wash on and cleared everything away. Keith and Sophie came to pick me up and a couple of the staff waited with me until they arrived, which was very good of them!


No comments: