Monday 8 May 2017

Dining out on the proceeds!

This morning my stomach really hurt so I called the doctor to be told there were no appointments this week and to call back tomorrow at 8am to see if I could get in as an emergency. I took some painkillers and showered and felt a little better.

Sophie had an exam today so we dropped her off at uni mid-morning and then went over to the Weston Favell Centre to post a parcel and do some shopping. I bought a bottle of peppermint oil tablets in Holland and Barrett as I'd heard they were good for the digestion.

Keith and I had a quick breakfast in the Tesco cafe (sausage baps - very good!) and then returned home where I took two of the tablets with water. As we didn't have to pick Sophie up until 5pm I cleaned all of downstairs and tidied up the conservatory. We'd taken the stuff we hadn't sold to the charity shop this morning and it was lovely to get the room back to how it should be - a place for relaxing not a dumping ground for stuff we didn't want!

My stomach seemed much better and doing the housework and all that that involves didn't seem to make it worse, which was good news. Mike went to Brixworth in the early afternoon and just as I got into the bath later in the day, the phone rang and it was my parents to say they'd picked up their new car and could they come around and show it to us?

I hurriedly finished my bath and dressed and they arrived in their 2016 registered Nissan Qashqai which was a lovely dark grey colour. They were both very pleased with it and it looked a lovely car. Mum had been having difficulty with the phone so we said we'd pop over tomorrow and try and sort it out for them.

Once they had gone Keith and I hurriedly got ready as we were picking the kids up and then heading into Northampton for a drink and a meal with the proceeds of the sale yesterday. We parked opposite The Princess Alexandra which was very quiet...but then it was only 5.30pm!

Sophie treated us all to a drink and I had half a pint of a delicious stout while the men had bitter and Sophie enjoyed a Pilsner. We had a couple of drinks at The Princess Alexandra and then walked the short distance to The Lamplighter for dinner. This pub was also very quiet and we took a table by the window overlooking the beer garden. Unfortunately today has seen a return to the grey, chilly weather so I feel we were very lucky yesterday with the sunshine and blue skies!

We had a lovely meal as always (beefburger, steak and ale pie, nachos and a chicken burger) followed by chocolate brownie with ice-cream for dessert. And all paid for by our garage sale!

No comments: