Tuesday 9 May 2017

I hear news!

This morning, Sophie and Keith did one of their long walks, only I thought they were just going for an hour...a breakdown in communication, I think, as they said they'd discussed it last night in the pub!

While they were gone I changed our bedding and did a pile of ironing and when they returned I made breakfast - cheese on toast for Sophie and Beans on toast for Keith and I. My stomach feels a lot better today, thank goodness!

We pottered about the house until the early afternoon and then went to see Mum and Dad, but as they were on their way to the bank, we didn't stay for long. Before going home we popped to Tesco to buy dinner for tonight and Wednesday and I bought a pack of chocolate doughnuts as a treat to go with a cup of tea.

Although it's been grey and cloudy today we still haven't had any substantial rain and there's talk of it being an official drought. Our garden is really dry and the front verge is like a dust bowl!

In the early evening I received a telephone call from the wine shop to ask if I could start work with them on Thursday! Yippee!


No comments: