Wednesday 24 May 2017

Days filled with sunshine.

Sophie and I went to do our session at the Citizens Advice Bureau today and we had a much better day this week. Keith dropped us off outside the Guildhall so it was lovely to just walk in, and we were right on time as well!

It was a quiet day and I was determined to get away at 3pm as Keith and Mike were waiting outside for us. It's been another beautiful day with temperatures in the mid twenties. From town we drove to the Weston Favell Centre where we transferred some money into Mike's new bank account and did some shopping in Tesco for dinner.

Before going home we had to pop to Mike's place of work as he had to see one of the managers, so we made the most of the situation and had a quick drink. The pub was very quiet but I think a lot of people were taking advantage of the good weather and sitting in the garden.

As we were leaving we spotted a very slow moving steam engine on our road and I guessed it was arriving for the large fair due to take place at the nearby stately home over the Bank Holiday weekend. It had created a huge back-up of traffic but luckily Keith was able to overtake and we sped past. Why they thought it was a good idea to move it in the rush hour traffic I'll never know!

Back home we sat in the garden with Monty for a little while and then I caught up with writing this blog until it was time to prepare dinner. As I was writing I saw Monty stalking Cheryl...he very nearly caught her!

No comments: