Friday 26 May 2017

A happier day at work...

I have to confess I wasn't looking forward to today but my shift was busy and enjoyable! James, the manager, wasn't in and I arrived early after popping into the surgery with my sample and then visiting the post office. We were so early that Keith and I were able to have a coffee in Waitrose!

Jonathan went off to do a morning's worth of deliveries while Shereen and I held the fort and at one point it was very busy indeed, with people coming in and collecting glasses for parties and buying beer and wine for the Bank Holiday weekend. Today has been gorgeous, with clear blue skies, warm temperatures and sunshine so it was lovely to have the air conditioning on in the shop.

As we were a bit busy we had a member of staff from another branch come to help out in the afternoon and it was great to chat to him while we had some lunch. My parents also popped in during the afternoon as my Dad needed to buy some wine for raffle prizes, so it was lovely to see them again.

Keith and Sophie picked me up at 4pm and we went home to relax in the warm weather. We might get some thunderstorms over the weekend and I am off now until Tuesday, so that's a bonus!

No comments: