Wednesday 10 May 2017

I get the lamb!

I was on my own at CAB today as Frank is away but I had a good run in after dropping Mike off at college. I even had time to buy a bacon roll and a coffee from Greggs!

Soon after I arrived Gill came over and we had a good chat about her holiday. She looked very tanned and relaxed and seemed delighted when I told her about my new job. We had a quiet day today with not much of any interest and I was locking up and leaving at just after 3pm. I walked to M&S where I wanted to get the half leg of lamb and was told by the woman on the Click and Collect desk that the Daily Mail had sent out the emails a week early. However, she let me have a joint which was priced at £16.00! That's Sunday's dinner sorted then!

I returned home to find everyone in a grumpy mood, for some unknown reason. Keith and I decided to head off to the pub to escape and we enjoyed a couple of drinks sitting in the window and watching the heavy traffic negotiate the T-junction. I'm sure there were far more cars than usual!

We only stayed for an hour and we were home by 6pm to find our son and daughter in a slightly better mood. It's a stressful time at the moment...Mike has assignments due in, Sophie has an exam tomorrow and I start a new job...arrggghhh!


No comments: