Thursday 25 May 2017

I get scanned...

I had a day off work today which was good as I was booked in for an ultra-sound scan at the hospital in the afternoon. Keith and I took the kids to college and work (Sophie is helping out during the week to earn some extra cash) and then we returned home where he dropped me off before going to do the shopping on his own again.

My tummy was feeling a lot better but I didn't fancy heaving big shopping bags about, so I stayed at home and cleaned the fridge out. Sarah popped by to collect the keys to her house as her new tenants are moving in today. We sat and had a chat until the woman called her to say she was at the house.

I also called our local primary school as there is a part-time job available from September which would suit me perfectly! Keith came home, unpacked the shopping and had lunch while I showered. No lunch for me...I had to have an empty stomach for the scan!

I was a bit nervous about going in as the last ultra-sound I had was when I was pregnant with Mike! However, the woman who did the scan was very friendly and put me at my ease. She gave my abdomen a thorough going over and said everything looked fine, which was a huge relief! The doctor did think I might have gallstones, but there was none there at all and my kidneys, liver and spleen also looked fine.

We left the hospital and called into work to have a cup of tea before we went to get Mike. In the evening the phone rang and it was the doctor calling about the results of my scan and blood tests. She confirmed that the scan was fine and then went on to say that most of my blood tests were fine (diabetes, cholesterol, white cell count etc) but that there were some inflammatory markers that were much higher than they should have been. She wanted me to do a urine sample and to book another blood test for next week, which I will do. I wasn't that worried, more intrigued about what the inflammation was down to!

No comments: