Friday 5 May 2017

A nice surprise!

I had understood I was doing some ironing for a neighbour starting today but the bag of laundry I was anticipating never materialised. I was a bit disappointed and wondered what had happened...perhaps I should have called to see her, but I had thought it was all arranged.

Unfortunately we had another disappointment when we went to get our half leg of lamb from M&S. I collect points with the Daily Mail every day and had spent 3000 on a free joint of lamb which could be collected today. We drove into town (never my favourite place to go) and did some shopping in Boots before heading to M&S. We looked everywhere for the lamb but couldn't see any so we asked a staff member at the collection desk who informed us that they hadn't got any yet and we would have to come back...not very good! What would we do for dinner now on Sunday?

We called into McDonald's as Sophie fancied some chicken strips and she treated me to a McFlurry. Keith didn't want anything so we sat and ate our treats on a bench overlooking the large church in the middle of the town. For once, it was pleasantly warm and sunny!

We called to get Mike on the way home and when we returned I checked the answerphone and discovered that I'd received a message from a major wine retailer in Northampton. I'd seen a job vacancy this morning and after tweaking my CV a bit, I'd sent it off to them. They had already seen it and wanted me to call them back! I did so and after a chat I arranged to go into the shop on Sunday to find out more! I was delighted! The job is a temporary contract for eight weeks so that fits perfectly with our holiday plans.

We took Mike to Moulton in the late afternoon as he was going to a party and headed home to relax with a glass of wine, our first of the week. Keith drove to the pub (he is off alcohol again at the moment) so Sophie and I could indulge. The first sip was like nectar!

We were just settling down to watch an old episode of Masterchef when the doorbell rang and it was Paul asking if Sue could have a bath at our house. They must still be having problems with their heating and hot water. Sue came over with her toiletries and a towel and was very quick, unlike me when I languish in the bath for ages reading a book!

No comments: