Sunday 21 May 2017

A day off!

It was lovely to wake up this morning and pootle about with nothing important to do. However, we did decide to tackle next door's garden as there are new tenants moving in next week and Sarah has asked if we can just tidy it up and cut the grass again.

I quickly hoovered and tidied downstairs and then at 10.30am Keith, Sophie and I trooped around next door to make a start. Mike was getting ready for work and I wanted to have it all done by the time he had to leave.

Sophie and I weeded and swept the front drive while Keith mowed the lawn and then we went around to the back and repeated the process there. At least this time we didn't have to deal with a dead squirrel!

Keith took Mike to work and then it was an afternoon of doing very little. Of course, as soon as we'd finished the garden, the sun disappeared behind the clouds so we didn't sit outside. I had a warm bath and a snooze and I was very dismayed to find the pain in my tummy had made a return...

It must be the gardening and all the bending down and kneeling that that involves. There was no way I could have ever carried on with Sue! Keith went to collect Mike from work and we had roast chicken for dinner, not my favourite meal at all.

I'm back to work tomorrow...those carefree Mondays seem a distant memory!

No comments: