Sunday 5 March 2017

Shocking news.

The residents of our estate were shocked to discover that there had been an attempted break-in at one of the houses early this morning. The burglars had tried to remove a double glazing panel but the family dog had heard them and started barking, waking everyone up. The burglars then fled.

I was shocked and dismayed to hear of this because I had thought, perhaps naively, that things like that didn't happen to our little community in the country. How wrong was I? The Facebook pages was agog with the news and people said they would be much more aware of security from now on.

The weather this morning was horrible and rainy so Keith and I pushed on to finish the emulsioning and while he did the ceiling in the hallway I put another coat on one of the walls and then cleaned down the banisters which were a bit paint speckled.

The afternoon weather was slightly better but Sophie and I spent our whole time in the conservatory where she did some work on her assignments and I watched an Icelandic drama called Case on my computer as it was being shown on All4.

Before I went to bed later in the evening I made sure that everything that could be locked was secure...I'm not sure many residents tonight will have a good sleep!

No comments: