Saturday 4 March 2017

More painting!

After dropping Sophie off at work, it was back home for a quick breakfast and then Keith and I set to with the paint and rollers. I felt a bit disheartened at first as my roller wasn't applying the paint properly and it was obvious from the first coat that we need to do another full emulsion as it just wasn't covering the horrible peachy colour underneath. Why I ever chose that colour I'll never know!

However, we both persevered  and by the early afternoon we had completed the landing, down the stairs and into the hall. It was beginning to look much better already, and so much cleaner! Mum and Dad popped around for a cup of tea and admired our handiwork, but at the moment it still looks very patchy.

The forecast rain never really arrived and we had mostly sunshine all day long. I wished I could be out in it, but the paint called me! I just had to admire the blue skies from out of the window!

Keith and Mike went off in the afternoon and soon after they'd gone I finished and hoovered the carpets downstairs. I think we have no choice but to buy a new carpet for the hall, stairs and landing which will make a huge difference.

We picked up both Sophie and Mike in the evening and then it was home for a very succulent Chicken Kiev a la Keith!

No comments: