Monday 6 March 2017

Celebrating 29 years!

Keith was booked in for a CT scan at the hospital this morning so we left home at 7.30am to get there in good time. He had to drink a jug of orange squash with something else mixed in with it over the course of an hour and then he was taken in for the scan.

We were all finished by 10am and heading home for breakfast. Sophie was hard at work in the conservatory but had been annoyed by Monty constantly yowling at the door. I had a coffee and some toast and we decided to pop to Jones's later in the morning to get some essential stuff that we needed.

Keith opted to stay at home so Sophie and I went and did some shopping - I spent more than I wanted to but I did need all the things I bought, such as batteries, coat hangers, a new set of scales and a sieve. All exciting objects!

On the way home we called into Waitrose as I needed more coffee and we bought a little picnic lunch to eat when we got home. It was delicious!

In the evening Keith and I went to The Hare at Loddington as today is the 29th anniversary of our first date when we went to Brighton. I looked at my blog before we went and I was astonished to see that on this date last year it was Mother's Day and Keith had been for a CT scan at the hospital! How weird is that?

We had a very pleasant drink at the pub and sat in the lounge area which was lovely and quiet. We were there for an hour before driving home and finishing off our dinner of Spaghetti Bolognese. Maybe not the most adventurous of dinners to celebrate 29 years together, but it was delicious nonetheless!

No comments: