Friday 3 March 2017

Date with a brush (and roller)!

Keith went for a walk this morning after we'd dropped Mike and Sophie off at college and uni, despite it pouring with rain. I had a date with a paintbrush and some more ironing as Sue had given me another pile to do!

I did that and just after I finished Keith arrived home looking really wet and bedraggled! I made him breakfast and then together we painted all the edges of the walls and the landing ceiling. The paint we are using - Ivory Lace - is a lot lighter than the paint we have on the walls so I think we will definitely need to apply another coat tomorrow when it has dried.

I finished mid-afternoon and I was pleased with what we'd done so far. Both Sophie and Mike didn't need picking up until 5pm so that was a bonus!

As we'd been working all day Keith and I bought dinner from the fish and chip takeaway in Broughton and he decided not to go to the pub tonight as he wasn't drinking anyway. The rain hasn't stopped all day today and it's supposed to be horrible as well tomorrow. Perfect for staying in and decorating!

No comments: