Tuesday 21 March 2017

On my hands and knees...again!

Today has almost been an exact replica of last Tuesday! We dropped Sophie off at uni and then popped to Aldi to get some shopping - I wanted to try and recreate a starter we'd had at BJ's in Florida of boneless chicken wings with a dip. We couldn't find boneless wings so we bought a pack of chicken drumsticks, a jar of barbecue sauce, some goujons and a dessert for dinner on Wednesday.

Back home I had some time free to catch up with chores before Sue and I went over to Broughton again to work on the garden we'd started last week. Luckily it's been a beautiful day today, albeit a bit windy.

I made a start on the weeds on the paving while Sue brandished her secateurs and did some pruning. We worked steadily for three hours and after we'd finished at the back we moved to the front part of the garden and took out a wild strawberry plant that the lady of the house wanted removing. The trouble was, that it was everywhere with the roots all entangled in other plants such as primroses which were flowering.

By the end I was aching a fair bit and very dirty! I sped straight off to collect Soph from uni and the heavens opened while I was driving. On the way home we had a hailstorm, which was a bit dramatic!

Keith cooked dinner tonight but he did say he was very weary so I helped out. I think the procedure from yesterday has caught up with him and I felt guilty that he'd been roped into cooking again so soon. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be fighting fit again!

No comments: