Monday 27 March 2017

A breakfast outing.

This morning we all went for breakfast at the Buddies American Diner near to Junction 15 of the M1. Keith said that he wanted to treat me as I'd prepared lunch yesterday and I wasn't going to argue with him!

After the lovely sunshine of the last few days it was a bit of a shock to see grey skies and fog. We had been promised it was going to clear at some point today, though, and I was hoping for a sunny afternoon.

We had a delicious breakfast at Buddies. I opted for pancakes served with sausages and fried potatoes while the rest of my family went for the traditional fry-up. With lashings of coffee it was great to sit and relax and have someone else prepare the first meal of the day!

I had arranged with Sue to do some work with her after we'd enjoyed breakfast so we returned home and I waited for her to call. She was having carpets fitted mid-morning but it seems they had been delayed so we didn't actually start any work until 1pm.

She mentioned about cleaning a house in Brixworth, so I made a start but it quickly became apparent that it was going to take me far longer than I'd anticipated and I wasn't really prepared to blitz a whole house from top to bottom! Especially not after having a large breakfast! Sue was out in the garden and when she popped in I suggested that I'd just do the one hour I'd already worked and come back later in the week at 8am. I had had trouble using the Dyson vacuum at the house and I need the proper tools for the job!

Sue gave me a lift home and I explained to Keith and Sophie what was happening. I was hoping Sophie would help me out on Thursday!




No comments: