Saturday 18 March 2017

An evening with friends

After taking Sophie to work, Keith and I called around to Mum and Dad's house to make sure everything was OK and then we headed home for breakfast. Today was supposed to be wet but it has remained dry and mild all day so I took the opportunity to do some work in my own garden!

I mowed the lawn, cut the edges and did some light digging and by the time I was finished I was really pleased with how it looked after the rigours of winter. It just needs a splash of colour now so maybe when I get a free day I'll go and buy some violas and pansies. Of course, Monty and the robin kept me company the whole time and the robin kept a close eye on where I was digging so he could find worms!

In the afternoon Keith and Mike went out so I had a long hot bath and read a book on my Kindle which was very gripping (The Marriage Lie by Kimberley Belle). I couldn't put it down!

I went to get the kids from work and Brixworth and then it was home to get ready to go around to Sue and Paul's for a glass of wine and some nibbles with Richard and Michelle. It was supposed to be a full-blown Wine Evening but Keith is not supposed to be eating any fruit or vegetables or red meats, etc ahead of his colonoscopy on Monday morning. He could only drink water, poor thing and I don't think he really enjoyed the evening because of it.

Sue and Paul served Champagne to start followed by a couple of bottles of red wine and the rest of us ate pate and bread, cheese and biscuits and olives, etc. We had a good look at Richard and Michelle's photos of the Northern Lights when they had visited Iceland a few years back and it made me all the more determined to go and see them!


No comments: