Friday 17 March 2017

Another week draws to a close...

Mum and Dad had booked a weekend away in Whitby so mid-morning, Sophie and I went to pick them up from home and take them into Northampton where they were boarding a coach. It was a grey and dull day with the weather forecast to be unsettled over the weekend.

We waited for about 20 minutes before the coach arrived and we waved them off. I have to say both of them were looking really smart and I was quite proud of them! I was glad they were taking a coach as it's a fair way to Whitby and the last part of the journey is on a single carriageway road over the moors, so it was a treat for my Dad to have someone else drive.

After we'd seen them off we drove to Riverside and had lunch at Costa. As usual, the place was packed and I enjoyed two Flat Whites and a toasted sandwich. Sophie treated me to a chocolate crispy cornflake cake as a treat...delicious!

I had planned on doing some gardening when I got home but although today has been dry, the wind has been very cold, so I stayed inside instead and made four scented candles, something I've been meaning to do for ages!

Keith was engrossed in the last day's racing from Cheltenham but he didn't have any big winners today like he did yesterday. However, over the four days he won about £60 so that wasn't bad and he certainly had a lot of enjoyment from the racing!



No comments: