Wednesday 22 March 2017

A sad day for London.

I was on my own at the CAB today and typically, I became caught in a terrible traffic jam that made me far later than normal. It took me half an hour to get through Moulton and onto the Kettering road because of a small set of roadworks that were causing chaos. Keith and Mike were behind me and I warned them about the state of the traffic so at least they were able to take avoiding action!

I arrived at the car park at just before 9am and sped down to the Guildhall, meeting Gill on the way. Luckily when I arrived they'd just opened the doors so I was able to collect the keys and make a start on opening up. Hadeer was in as well, which helped, as she had come in to see how I set up the laptops.

I was very pleased that we weren't too busy and after a little early rush it settled down to a trickle of clients coming in. Priya was also back today and gave me lots of information about Sophie's future in law, which was great.

We left on time and I sped home to discover the horrible events that had unfolded in London while I was driving home. Sophie and Mike are due to go to London on Friday for the day with a group of Sophie's friends from uni and I dread to think how I would have felt if they'd been there today.

Mum and Dad came around for a cup of tea and they were as shocked as we were by the news as they hadn't heard anything before they arrived. They gave me some chocolates and flowers for looking after the house while they were in Whitby and we had a chat about their weekend while keeping an eye on the news.

When they left we set about making dinner and Sophie made the most delicious marinade to go with the chicken drumsticks. She combined honey, sugar, butter, barbecue sauce and a hot sauce and we used this to pour over the chicken when it was cooked. It was a delicious dinner even though we just ate a starter and dessert!

No comments: