Sunday 26 March 2017

A lovely day!

We've had beautiful weather again today but it's still been windy!

Our clocks went forward last night so when I woke up it was almost 9am, but it was really 8am...I hate losing that hour! First thing I made a loaf of bread to go with our lunch and while it was rising in the airing cupboard, Keith and I went to get the Sunday papers. When I got back Mike was awake so I opened my lovely cards (some beautiful words from both children) and received a pretty plant and some chocs! I did very well!

I had a quick cup of coffee and then I tidied the conservatory while Sophie hoovered. I prepared the lunch and Sophie made me a salad which looked beautiful when she'd finished. My parents arrived at 1pm and my Mum was delighted with her rose, the chocolates and her card.

We ate a delicious, but very simple, lunch of salad, new potatoes, cooked meats, quiche and nibbly bits washed down with Cava and a Bordeaux red. The conservatory was looking lovely in the afternoon sunshine and I was really glad it was a beautiful day. For dessert we enjoyed a chocolate gateau that I'd bought in Tesco (I haven't had time to make anything over the weekend!) served with whipped cream. We were all stuffed when we finished!

It was great to have a good chat over lunch and the children were on top form making my parents laugh, which was lovely. It's so good to all sit around the table and enjoy ourselves.

My parents left at nearly 4pm as my Dad looked ready to fall asleep even though he'd only had a small glass of wine! Once they'd gone, we cleared away and relaxed...although in Keith and Sophie's case they were comatose within half an hour!

No comments: