Monday 20 March 2017

Backwards and forwards!

This morning Keith and I drove to the hospital for his colonoscopy procedure which was booked for 8.45am. I waited with him until the nurses came to get him and then, as there was no point in me hanging around, I returned home to have breakfast and do some housework.

He called me at nearly 11am to say that he was all ready to go home so I sped off back to the hospital to fetch him. He had had five polyps removed but the nurse had said that none of them were cancerous, which was very good news and we were very relieved. I sat outside in the car as the ticket we'd bought earlier was due to expire and I didn't fancy spending another £3 to sit there for ten minutes! It started to pour down with rain and the wind got up...is this the tail end of Storm Stella that had been affecting the US?

We went home, I made Keith a cup of tea and he settled down to watch the racing. I'd changed Sophie's bed so I ironed that and put it all back on, and then Mum and Dad called to ask me if I could pick them up from town on their return from Whitby.

The weather had cleared a little and we had a good chat about their break in the seaside town. They'd had an enjoyable time but they said their hotel was sorely in need of some TLC! I think they were glad to be home!

Mike stayed out tonight with a friend in Brixworth so there was only the three of us for dinner of fish pie. Keith felt quite tired for the rest of the day and we're both glad that the procedure is over!

No comments: