Tuesday 18 October 2016

What a scream!

As Keith was off to the surgery this morning for a blood test I took Sophie into uni at 9am. Even though we'd left a bit later the traffic was abysmal! Sophie is now making the most of her free periods to really knuckle down and do some work as her second year at uni is much more important than her first.

I returned home and knuckled down myself as I had to complete all my training for the Citizen's Advice Bureau by next Wednesday. Keith came home and asked if I could go with him to Desborough as he was going over to the town to see Sileby play this evening. We drove along the extremely busy A14 and then took the new bypass past Rothwell. The football ground was on the outskirts of Desborough and after we'd scouted out where Keith would park we returned home via Orton. This seems to be a forlorn little village in the middle of nowhere and we ended up on a very narrow single track road with hardly any passing places. I did wonder at one point, just where we were!

Thankfully we soon came to familiar roads and found our way home where I carried on with my studying. The weather today has been very showery and cool and it was lovely sitting in the conservatory listening to the rain fall on the roof.

I did a unit on Law and was very proud that I attained 100% on this module. It wasn't that complicated but it was very interesting, nonetheless.

In the evening Keith went off to football while I cooked spaghetti bolognese for the children and me. After dinner I suggested to Sophie that we watch the film, Jagged Edge, starring Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close and it was great to see it again. I remember when it first came out I went to see it at the cinema with my Mum. Sophie was kept guessing about the murdered all the way and at the end, when there was a bit of a shock, she screamed out loud! Hilarious!

No comments: