Thursday 6 October 2016

Two new little friends

Today has been a busy day with a lot of driving about! I think it's something we're going to have to get used to again!

We dropped Mike off at college and then sped over to Kettering to do our shopping before returning home where Sophie was getting ready for uni. She wanted to call into Nationwide before she started so we left almost immediately, went to the building society and dropped her off.

Back home it was time for a quick lunch and then I had a gardening stint with Sue at the lovely house in Brixworth. She picked me up and today I took my new rake attachment and a lethal looking tool for getting weeds out of cracks in paving slabs. She took one look and decided not to upset me!

I started off by raking all the leaves off the drive and I kept seeing a little creature flitting about near me. It turned out to be a beautiful little robin who seemed content to fly around me and watch what I was doing. He then sat in one of the trees singing to us for the rest of the time we were there! He was so sweet! As well as the robin we also had the house cat keep us company and follow us everywhere we went! He loved a scratch of his ears and a stroke and it was great to have him with us.

The two hours went by very quickly and when we finished I asked Sue in for a cup of tea. We had a good natter about neighbourly matters and Keith and Mike returned from college. At least I was spared that trip!

We collected Sophie from uni at 6pm as today is her late day and returned home to make Chicken Kiev for dinner. We watched the latest episode of the Hairy Bikers' Chicken and Egg and very good it was too! The chicken Kiev was great as well!

No comments: