Friday 28 October 2016

Domestic chores...

Keith and I had to get down and do some housework today as we'd been putting it off all week, and with my studying, gardening and volunteering, spare time is quite limited!

We dropped Sophie off and came back to have breakfast before setting to. Keith cleaned the bathrooms, as I hate doing them, while I hoovered and dusted. Our landing was particularly bad with cobwebs everywhere and thick dust behind the bookshelf (the one that attacked Sophie's toe). I would love to do something to brighten this area of the house up as it's so gloomy and dark - a skylight would be great!

We worked until the early afternoon and by the time we'd finished the house looked much better. I even called our old window cleaner, Mark, to ask him to come and give us a quote for cleaning the windows and the conservatory as we just don't have the time to do a thorough job.

After picking Sophie up from uni, it was time to relax before I cooked one of my practise meals - The Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole. Mike had decided to stay out tonight (his loss!) so it was just the three of us eating dinner. Sophie helped me and we drank a moderate bottle of Californian Zinfandel while we cooked. It was our first glass of wine all week as Monday to Thursday we are supporting Keith who is now 28 days alcohol free!

(The sausage casserole was delicious, by the way and I will be doing it again on the 5th November!)

No comments: