Friday 21 October 2016

Out and about!

This morning we have been out and about, something Keith and I haven't done for ages. Mike wasn't at college as it was a Training Day (unbelievably, it's half-term next week!) so we took Sophie in to uni and then went to Wickes, as we're having a problem with a leak coming from our water tank at the moment. We'd taken photos of the part that was leaking and Keith was hoping to get a replacement at Wickes but there was nothing there that was suitable.

I called into Hobbycraft to pick up some candle wick holders and Sophie called me to say she'd forgotten her glasses and she already had a headache from squinting. I said we would go home and get them and drop them into her. Before we did that we went into a tiny corner shop selling plumbing and heating supplies but that was unsuccessful as well. We have our gas engineer coming out on Saturday, anyway, and hopefully he can temporarily fix it until he comes out to service our boiler in November.

We dashed home, picked up Sophie's glasses and drove to uni where we delivered them to our very grateful daughter. We had to go to the bank at the Weston Favell Centre so we headed there and arranged to meet my parents in BB's where they were having coffee. As Keith and I hadn't had any breakfast we enjoyed a cheese and onion toastie while we chatted to my parents.

Normally about this time I start preparations for making my Christmas cake so I popped into Tesco and bought the ingredients. When we got home I put all the dried fruit into a large bowl and poured most of a half-bottle of Brandy over it as well as about half a bottle of Port. It smelt delicious! I'll let it soak until early next week and then I'll make it!

I spent the afternoon doing more studying for the CAB training and completed two more end of unit assessments. I scored 60% on one where only part of the unit was relevant to my role and 80% on the Research and Campaigns unit so I was pleased. I'll be very glad when it's all finished!

All too soon, it was time to go and collect Sophie from uni and when we got back we were treated to the sight of Mike in a pirate outfit. He was off to a party in the evening so I took him at 7pm and then collected Keith from the pub. Sophie and I enjoyed a glass of wine with our dinner but Keith still drove to pick Mike up at 11pm as he is still not drinking and doing very well!

No comments: