Sunday 2 October 2016

A beautiful, autumnal walk

We weren't up quite so early this morning but we did all manage (Keith, Sophie and me) to get out for a lovely refreshing walk at just after 9am. It was a gorgeous morning with a clear blue sky and lovely sunshine.

It was definitely chilly and I seriously wondered whether I should have taken a fleece! We walked into the village and then along the single track road. We didn't see any cows today but there was a field of bullocks who were just as inquisitive. I think their mums were in a barn and mooed at us as we went past!

Back home it was time for breakfast of scrambled eggs on toast, and after a shower Sophie and I went off to Riverside as we wanted to visit Next. We treated ourselves to a Flat White in Costa and I bought three hooks for the bathroom in chrome - J & K. I think they will look good on the bathroom door to hang our dressing gowns!

I took some photos of the en-suite today, after I gave it a good clean!





Sophie treated herself to some perfume and a little plate to hold her jewellery and then it home to bake a Pear Upside Down cake. We had a bowl of ripe pears that everybody was ignoring and I was determined not to throw them away!

Sophie was off out in the evening to her open-air cinema event at uni and her friend Hannah had said she would cook dinner - Shepherd's Pie! Sophie has never been a fan but it'll be interesting to see how she liked it!

No comments: