Thursday 27 October 2016

Similar days!

Today seemed like an exact replica of last Thursday! We took Sophie to uni and then went straight to Kettering to do our shopping so I could be home in time to go gardening with Sue. I had to buy a fair amount of bits and pieces as I'm practising two of my meals for the Come Dine With Me - a sausage casserole and a pumpkin fondue. I also bought lots of sweets (and some fruit!) for Halloween night so the trolley was well and truly full!

It's been a real Autumnal day today and milder than recently, so although I took a fleece and a raincoat (last week I got soaked by a heavy shower) I didn't need either of them. My first job today was to rake up leaves and I think this will be the theme for the next few weeks! As fast as I was raking them up they were falling on my head! I learned that the little grey cat who keeps us company is called Bella - she's such a sweet little thing!

I was all finished by 4pm so Keith and I dashed to get Sophie and then it was home for a lovely cup of tea and a chat!

No comments: