Wednesday 12 October 2016

Changes are afoot!

Unusually, Sophie was at uni today and was starting at 9am so, as Mike was also at college and starting at nine, I said I would drop her off on the way to my stint at the Citizen's Advice Bureau. We left at 7.45am and made very good time. I was parking a good fifteen minutes earlier than usual so I had time to sit in Caffe Nero with a coffee and a chocolate twist!

When my shift started I turned on the main computer to find it wouldn't work. As this tells us who we have waiting and for how long, this was a bit disconcerting! When Gill arrived she said that we were no longer going to be using this "Q-flow" system as we had no control over it and couldn't turn it off when we were really busy. From now on (or until the end of October) we were going to be giving the clients a number. This meant that we had to keep going out into the waiting room to ask if anybody was waiting to see us, which made things a bit difficult!

Hadeer came in to work with me today so at least I had some support and we worked together very well. It also meant she could cover for Gill and Priya when they took their lunch. It was a steady day today and didn't really get manic at all, which was a relief! We were finished at 3pm and I walked up to the car park with Gill and Priya and then drove to pick up Sophie from uni.

Mum and Dad came around for a glass of wine in the evening and went to have a look at the en-suite which they hadn't seen since it was finished. They were impressed but I do need some pictures on the walls now to completely finish it off. We had a good chat over a bottle of Chilean Merlot and discussed Christmas plans...it's only ten weeks away!

After they'd gone we realised we had no prawn crackers to go with our dinner of chicken in a black bean sauce so Keith had to drive us to the Brixworth Co-op to buy some. I hadn't high hopes they had any in the shop but they did...hooray!

No comments: