Sunday 16 October 2016

Getting little things sorted!

We awoke to a beautiful sunrise this morning but within half an hour the gorgeous deeps pinks and peaches had given way to a grey sky and heavy rainfall.

Keith abandoned his idea to go walking so it was a very lazy start to the day. By midday the skies had cleared again and we were treated to some sunshine. After going out to get the newspaper I decided to give my car a wash even though I knew that taking it out onto the wet roads would dirty it up again!

Sophie's foot was a little better so we decided to go to Riverside in the afternoon and we had a cup of tea and a coffee in Costa. As predicted, the retail park was very busy indeed and Costa was full of people getting their fix of caffeine. Afterwards, we ambled over to Boots and Sophie spotted an American make-up brand that she loves, so she was very happy!

Before heading home we called into Homebase as I needed some glue for my car - both a door protector and the "T" from my TDI badge had fallen off and I wanted Keith to stick them back on! Sophie also needed some fabric glue for the jeans she bought a while ago because all the little badges had come away as well.

Back home we relaxed for a while and then I decided to tackle a wax spill on the rug in the living room. Keith had knocked over one of my candles on Friday night and there was quite a large spot of hardened wax sticking to the tufts of the rug. I'd looked up a video on YouTube about how to deal with it and it worked! I lay an old cream towel over the wax and applied a hot iron to the towel which made the melted wax adhere to the surface of the towel. Success! Sophie was very impressed, I have to say! Thank goodness for YouTube!

We had a turkey for dinner tonight but I wasn't that keen...once upon a time a roast turkey dinner was my favourite meal but not any more. I'd prefer a nice rib of beef for Christmas dinner!

No comments: