Tuesday 25 October 2016

Christmas baking

Mike was doing a five mile walk today with 20kg of weight in a rucksack on his back to raise money for Oxfam. He told us he had to be at college for 9am so it was a bit of a scramble for us all to be out by 8.30am. At least the schools were off so the traffic was lighter!

When we got to the college he then said that his mates, who he was doing the walk with, were going to be late so could we drop Sophie off at uni first? Swearing a bit, we took Sophie and on the way we called in to get some diesel for my car. By the time we returned to the college he was OK to be dropped off, but I had expected that there would be some kind of send-off...maybe a teacher there to make sure the rules were followed correctly as there had been a fair amount of money raised by them!

On the way home I dropped Keith off at Pitsford and then it was time to make my Christmas cake. Keith said he wanted to walk through the door and be met by the smell of baking, but it took me a fair while to assemble all the ingredients and as I'd put more fruit and nuts in than the recipe called for, the mixture was up to monstrous proportions by the time I poured it into the cake tin!

The rest of the day was spent catching up with little jobs and there was a breakdown in communication as to what time to collect Sophie. She has been spending a lot of time at uni doing work and although she was due to be finish at 3pm, she hadn't actually confirmed she wanted to be picked up then. When we received an irate phone-call at just before 3pm, we knew we'd got it wrong!

Back home I checked my emails and found one from my training supervisor at the Citizen's Advice. I had answered four questions incorrectly and had to do the assessment again. I was really annoyed as I'd only had to do study for part of the module and when I checked three of the questions related to learning I didn't have to do! Mum and Dad came around when I was in the middle of ranting as they wanted me to help them out with compensation for their flight delay last month.

I sorted them out and then sent a email about the learning and received an apology, so that mollified me! I have done so much studying over the last couple of weeks and I'll be really pleased when I've finished!



No comments: