Sunday 30 October 2016

Pumpkin carving!

It's been a gloomy, grey day today with little sunshine and to be honest, we've seen hardly any sun all week.

I felt a bit tired this morning, with a headache - probably down to the alcohol I'd consumed last night and because we'd mixed drinks! I laid low while Keith and Sophie went for a walk! However, I did manage to carve our pumpkin after having a shower which made me feel a lot better.

In the afternoon, we picked Mum up at 2pm and drove to Castle Ashby as Sophie and I wanted to go back to the shop where we'd seen the lovely candle holder decorated with hearts. We had a cup of tea and a slice of cake at The Buttery restaurant first and a good chat and then we walked across the courtyard to a lovely little shop selling some really pretty trinkets and decorations. There were lots of hearts still for sale and Sophie also bought a new mug.

We spent a very pleasant half hour meandering around the shops and then headed off to Earls Barton as I wanted to buy another pumpkin. I missed the turn so we carried on into the village as we wanted to see how the housing development, that we'd been to see back in March last year, had turned out. It was a Redrow development and we'd been to look at a showhome there with maybe an intention for Mum and Dad to buy. By now it was all finished but it looked a bit cramped so Mum was glad they'd decided to live where they do now!

Luckily the farm shop selling pumpkins was still open as by now it was past 4pm...and getting dark. Losing an hour last night will make a difference this week! The shop had stacks of pumpkins for sale and inside I found a greyish one - a Crown Prince pumpkin that looked really ghostly!


I bought one and treated us all to some chocolate and then it was home to carve our new addition!



No comments: