Saturday 1 October 2016

Season of spiders...

Today started off really beautifully with a mist over the fields and a promise of sunshine and blue skies. Keith and I were up at 6.30am for some reason so I was able to catch up on some recorded programmes with a cup of strong coffee. Perfect!

Sophie awoke at 7.30am as she has work today and by the time we left to take her, the lovely weather had disappeared to be replaced with grey skies. How quickly the weather can change in this country! Once we'd dropped her off we drove over to my Mum's house to have a coffee and to take her one of my home-made candles. I helped my parents with a couple of computer problems and then it was home to do some housework.

I reluctantly gave the kitchen a good clean while Keith ironed. Mike came home and then asked to go back out again this evening to stay with a friend. It was no problem as Keith was out this afternoon to see his team, Sileby, play and said he would drop him off on his way.

I finished the kitchen, hoovered the rest of downstairs and when Keith and Mike departed I settled down with a cup of tea to watch an old 70s film - Smokey and the Bandit. It was very enjoyable! Half way through I went and wallowed in the bath and when Keith came home he watched the ending with me.

We picked Sophie up at 6.30pm and the car park was packed with cars...it turns out that somebody had double-booked a private hire which was why there were so many people waiting to go in! At least that was one thing we never did when we were in charge!

After dinner, Sophie called Monty in for some treats and sat on the (clean) kitchen floor with him. I was standing at the sink when she gave a blood-curdling scream. There was a spider running across the floor towards her! Monty stood and looked at it and both Sophie and I ran for cover until it disappeared under the cupboard next to the cooker. It was huge!

No comments: