Saturday 22 October 2016

Dining out!

Sophie, reluctantly, was back at work today but her foot is still giving her some pain. I dropped her off at 9.30am and came back to have breakfast with Keith. The weather was supposed to be lovely today but we did have a shower of rain at midday so all thoughts of mowing the lawn went out of the window.

Jerry, our heating engineer, came out in the afternoon, just before Keith went off to see Sileby play. He did a temporary fix of the leak and said he would sort it out properly when he comes back in November. When he had gone I settled down to watch a couple of programmes I'd recorded as I really didn't feel like doing housework today!

Keith called to say that there been an injury at the football so the game was either going to be delayed or called off. When he turned up half an hour later I was pleased to see him! This being on my own on a Saturday afternoon is starting to lose its appeal! It was great every once in a while but I sort of mooch about the house on my own and miss my family!

Mike had gone into town today as he wanted to buy some clothes and I stressed that he had to be home by six or be collected near then as Keith and I were out in the evening for a meal at Mum and Dad's house. Luckily I received a text to say he was getting the bus home so we went off to pick up Sophie at 6pm in order to be home and finish getting ready.

We had a lovely evening with my parents, and their friends Garry and Gloria, who they have known for years. We sat in their lovely cosy sitting room with drinks and nibbles and then went into the kitchen for the meal. Mum and Dad had prepared scallops in a cheesy, creamy sauce to start, followed by chicken in a red wine sauce with vegetables and roast potatoes and a choice of two puds to follow. We even had cheese and biscuits at the end of the meal so we were stuffed when we left to go home!

Keith drove, which was a bonus and we were home just after 11pm. Sophie and Mike had enjoyed a curry and hadn't argued once, apparently...miracles do happen!

No comments: