Thursday 20 October 2016

A bit weary...

Thursdays are rapidly becoming the busiest day of my week! Keith and I dropped both Mike and Sophie off at their respective learning establishments this morning and then we drove straight to Kettering to do our shopping. Neither of us were really in the mood and I, solely, was responsible for the meal plans and the list as I'd done them on my own when I got up this morning. It's not my favourite job!

We did the shopping and headed home for a quick lunch before it was time to go and do my gardening stint with Sue. On the way we saw Danni, our local dog walker, looking very upset. She'd had a run-in with a man who was mowing the grass verges outside our estate and he'd accused her of leaving dog muck in the grass. Understandably, she was furious as she would never do something like that. Despite signs everywhere and a threat of a fine, we still have a problem with this in our area. We don't know who is responsible but it's a horrible sight to see dog poo left on the side of the path.

Danni certainly gave back as good as she got and she said that she thinks she frightened him a little bit when she started shouting. Blimey! I'll make a note not to fall out with her, then! We headed to Brixworth first and I raked up all the leaves and weeded the driveway. I could hear the robin singing in the trees, and our little cat companion sat with us all the time we were there.

Sue wanted me to do another hour in our own village and just after we started, the heavens opened and we were caught in a heavy shower. Luckily, the rain cleared so we were able to carry on working but by now I was wet and muddy. Not a good look! As I was making a border for Sue and digging up the soft soil, another robin appeared for an instant and then flitted away. There were some lovely juicy worms in the soil so I hope he had a good meal after we'd gone!

Immediately after I'd finished Keith and I went to get Sophie and minutes after we'd sat down on our return, the phone rang and it was Mike asking to be picked up from Brixworth. Keith had only just dropped him off there on his way home from college!

I felt a bit tried this afternoon as the gardening was all about bending and kneeling today. I had a lovely hot bath and left Keith to cook our dinner of Chicken Fajitas. He made a very good job of it!




No comments: