Thursday 13 October 2016

Making tracks...

Early this morning Keith and Sophie went for a walk while I dropped Mike off at college. I picked up my daughter and husband on the way home at Pitsford and both of them were quite sweaty! They'd had a good walk in a really quick time.

After taking Sophie to uni I came home and got ready to go gardening with Sue in the afternoon. We were at two houses in Brixworth today and as Sue had a load of gravel in her car I drove myself. We put a layer of sheeting and the gravel down over a small area that had been used as a kind of earthy path but the weeds had kept coming through all the time. When we finished it looked really good and seemed as if it had been there forever. Sue had bought the gravel from a local man for £1 a bag so that was a bargain!

The little cat stayed with us again all the time we were there and decided to sit on my kneeling mat! He really is very sweet and it was great having him with us. After we'd finished in the garden we went to another house, this time with a much smaller garden but with a lot to be done. It belonged to a friend of Sue's who wanted a large bush cutting down. My job was to gather all the branches and take them out to the front of the house and put them in a huge builder's bag, ready to go to the tip. It was hard work, let me tell you! When this had been done, Sue carried on with the choppers and her electric hedge cutter and made her way around the garden pruning everything in sight...I've renamed her Slasher Sue!

We filled the huge builder's bag, the garden wheelie bin and about four other bags and went to the tip after we'd finished. I helped Sue unload all the waste and then drove off to get Sophie from uni. Back home we sat in the conservatory and drank the tea I'd made to take with me but hadn't had time to drink!

After a delicious dinner of grilled pork chops and baked potatoes with a pepper sauce, we settled down to watch the last episode of the Hairy Bikers who were back in the UK and preparing some lovely dishes, including Jerk Chicken. I now have their cookbook from the series and can't wait to try out the recipes!

No comments: