Thursday 31 March 2016

Little jobs

Sophie was in at work again at 9.30 while Mike spent the day shopping in Milton Keynes with Heather and some other friends.

Keith and I did our usual menu for the week and went shopping where it wasn't as busy as last week, probably because Easter is all over now!

After getting home and having some lunch Keith and I headed over to Mum and Dad's where we helped them do some little jobs. Keith put a new switch on a cabinet in their living room and then I helped him put up some coat hooks in their under-stairs cupboard. I also tried to sort out their Broadband but it defeated me so I think Dad will need to contact his provider to set it up. I hate it when I can't fix something!

It's been a lovely day today with more blue skies and sunshine and the weekend is looking to be dry and warmer. I really want to get out into the garden and potter about but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day at the moment!

Back home I jumped into the bath and Sophie called to say she had to be picked up later than expected. As we'd tried to coordinate picking Mike up around the same time I hurriedly finished my bath and tried to get hold of my son who wasn't answering his mobile. Even contacting him on Messenger failed!

For some reason I thought I had to collect him from the library in Brixworth so I dashed over there to find no sign of him. I waited for about ten minutes and then drove into Northampton to get Sophie. On the way I remembered he'd been with Heather so was probably at her house, a mere two minutes from work!

As I was early to collect Sophie I went into work and was amazed at the changes that had taken place since I'd been in last. I was very impressed with what the new owners have done and the whole place looks really fresh and clean, and very modern! I had a chat with Georgie, Polly and Maureen and then we drove to Heather's house where Mike was waiting! Phew!


No comments: