Tuesday 22 March 2016

Moving Day!

So, Mum and Dad's moving day has arrived and what gorgeous weather they had for it! We dropped the kids off at school and uni and went straight to their rented house to help. The removals van hadn't arrived yet so I put as much stuff as I could into my car and when the men arrived Keith and I headed over to Broughton to take it all.

We unloaded the car, put all the stuff out of the way and then went to get some diesel for my car. We returned home for half an hour and then went back to Broughton where the first load from the house had been unloaded. The men now needed to go to the Lok 'n' Store place in Northampton to collect all the furniture that had been stored since November.

As there wasn't really much we could do Keith and I went home and he put up a little butterfly house that Mum had given me for an Easter present. She'd also bought me a really sweet little nesting box which I hung in the garden so hopefully we may have some bird babies over the next few weeks.

As we were out in the garden I tidied up the messy gravel garden and emptied some scruffy pots. I picked up a load of leaves from the gravel and when I'd finished I was pleased with how much neater it looked. The little robin was with me all the time and the other birds seemed quite happy to peck away at the food while I was working.

We picked Sophie up from uni at 3pm and went to Jones's to kill an hour before collecting Mike from school. He'd been a bad lad and had been put into isolation for two days for getting into trouble which both Keith and I thought was a bit extreme. He was thoroughly fed up when we collected him but although he only had one more day it would be his last day before he broke up for the Easter holidays.

In the evening Sophie and I were going to go to The Lamplighter but I really didn't feel like going so after dropping Mike off at Army cadets we called into the new Fish and Chip takeaway in Moulton and ordered dinner there. With a bottle of Chilean Chardonnay we had a lovely night and caught up with Catfish! Keith picked Mike up so it was great not to have to go out again!


No comments: