Saturday 19 March 2016

Relaxing

After a terrible night's sleep (I think I finally got off at about 4am) I woke at 9am to the sound of machinery, which we later discovered was tree surgeons felling the trees in the fields opposite. They have left a weird looking gap, something that's a bit strange after seeing the view for the last fifteen years.

Sophie called me at 10am to ask me to collect her and Alice at midday and before we headed out we called over to the Weston Favell centre to pick up our winnings. We'd both had a great week and I'd really enjoyed being able to sit and watch the races rather than being at work.

Alice had left her car at the Park Campus as before going into town they'd been to a flat party there (I was under the impression the party had been in town) which is why they'd had to get a taxi in at midnight! Maybe the least I know, the better!

We picked them up, dropped Alice off and returned home where Sophie had a shower and a snooze. Keith and I went over to Mum's new house to put up some shelving in the garage for my Dad, which took us about an hour and which I enjoyed doing. I actually quite like doing DIY jobs with Keith!

Back home it was bliss to realise that we didn't have to go out any more to pick up kids and I could look forward to a Chinese take-away and a DVD of Spectre. Sophie and I sat in the conservatory in the afternoon and then we decided to make some muffins which were delicious and went very well with a cup of tea!

In the evening Keith and I went to order the take-away from the van but it looked really busy. I turned the car around while Keith queued up to give the order, but after waiting for five minutes he threw a wobbler and refused to wait any longer! This meant we had to order from the take-away service in Brixworth but at least it meant they delivered so that was a bonus! It meant Sophie and I could indulge in a couple of Cosmopolitans!

We had a lovely dinner and afterwards watched Spectre which I thoroughly enjoyed. Is it Daniel Craig's last Bond, I wonder?

No comments: