Monday 7 March 2016

Helping out

Keith went for a walk this morning after we'd deposited the kids at school and uni and after he'd arrived back and had some breakfast we went over to Mum and Dad's new house to help them with a couple of jobs.

My Mum had bought a beautiful chandelier for the living room but it had to be put together from scratch and my parents had lost patience with it. Keith set to and between him and me we assembled it completely. I will say one thing for my husband...when he sets his mind to something he gets it done. I was just afraid of it falling or me dropping as it was extremely fiddly to work on but we carefully put it all together and left it propped up on a box for when it'll be fitted.

He then put up a light fitting in the kitchen and helped my Dad construct some shelving for the garage. It was the early afternoon by the time we'd finished and before heading home we called to the Tesco garage to get some petrol. It's been a glorious day today with blue skies and sunshine but it is still cold. No sign of Spring yet!

After picking up Sophie and coming home I gave our garage door and the surrounding paintwork and guttering a good wash. The dusty exterior had been annoying me for some time so now it's all shiny and clean!


No comments: