Thursday 3 March 2016

Weird weather and a shocking theft!

The last few days of the week have been pretty quiet but on Wednesday, on the way back from popping to Tesco to buy ingredients for our dinner of Beef Stroganoff, the weather turned really nasty and we had a mixture of hail, sleet and snow! I had called into Next to buy a voucher for my Mum and when we came out it was raining hard. In the distance we could see a bank of black clouds and as we got into the car the rain turned into hail and then on the drive home it was properly snowing with big fat flakes!

Of course I was really excited by this sudden change but by the time we'd reached home we had blue skies again and no snow whatsoever! Typical! It was amazing to think that yesterday I'd been gardening in a tee-shirt! We do have weird weather in this country!

I didn't have a very good night's sleep on Wednesday night so on Thursday I woke up after Keith had taken Mike to school, which is very rare for me. By the time I'd had my quota of coffee and managed to wake up it was time to shower and do the weekly menu, something I really don't like doing at the moment, probably because it reminds me of the day that Archie died.

We dropped Sophie off at uni and went straight over to Kettering where we did the shopping. In Aldi we placed a big pack of loo rolls at the end of the aisle while the cashier frenetically scanned our purchases and when we came to leave the toilet rolls had disappeared! We think somebody had stolen them! All I can say is they must have been desperate!

We picked Sophie up earlier than usual and later in the afternoon Sue popped over to see if we wanted an update on her new kitchen. It's looking beautiful but it's the wonderful view that really makes it and when it's all finished it will look gorgeous. I am envious!


No comments: