Tuesday 15 March 2016

Two winners!

It's the start of the Cheltenham Festival today and after dropping Keith off at Pitsford for his walk I went home, made myself a cup of coffee and perused The Racing Post. I picked out two horses - Altior and Annie Sparrow. I didn't think for one minute that Altior would win as the favourite in the race, Min, was almost guaranteed to win.

Keith came home, had a quick bath and we both went over to the Weston Favell Centre. He went to place the bets while I did a quick shop in Tesco (I'm not allowed to go into a bookies...I have no idea what would happen if I did!).

Back home I did some work on my Counselling course and then we settled down to watch the first race at 1.30pm. Keith had picked two horses in this race, the favourite Min and another horse called Tombstone. To my utter delight and amazement, Altior won and did it very well indeed!

I was pretty thrilled with that and I asked Keith to record the 3.30pm race where Annie Sparrow was running. I had to go and collect Sophie at 3pm and we popped to the bank  before having a quick coffee in BB's. She had a nail appointment at 4pm so I dropped her off and sat and read in the car. Getting home was awful because of the rush hour traffic but as soon we set foot over the door Keith put the racing on for me.

We watched the 3.30 race and, again, I was thrilled to see Annie Sparrow win! Two winners on the first day! Keith also won with a horse in the 4.10 race called Vroum Vroum Mag so we had a very successful day!


No comments: