Sunday 6 March 2016

Double celebration

Not only has it been Mother's Day today, but Keith and I are also celebrating 28 years together! Where have all the years gone?

I received some lovely gifts from my children this morning - the latest Adele album and chocolates from Sophie and a scented candle, flowers and chocolates from Mikey. It was the first year that Keith didn't have to go out and buy the gifts himself so I was very proud of my babies!

Sophie was working today and before I dropped her off I called to see my Mum to give her the Next voucher I'd bought, a box of chocolates and a card. After taking Sophie into work I headed home to make a Lemon Meringue Pie for our dessert and to tidy up the house in preparation for my parents coming for dinner in the evening. Keith had made a beef casserole and had peeled the vegetables. I asked him to put the hoover around, which he did, and then we had a spare hour before we had to go to the hospital where Keith was booked in for a scan.

He has been having a problem with his waterworks so the doctor arranged for a CT scan but he was in and out before his scheduled time which was a bonus! The hospital was very quiet and I'd been surprised that Keith had been called in on a Sunday but it didn't inconvenience us as much as I thought it would.

Back home I made a prawn cocktail for a starter (for four of us, the children chose garlic bread) and then it was time to go and collect Sophie.

My parents arrived promptly at 7pm and we had a lovely meal. I left Keith to supervise the beef casserole and dumplings and despite a couple of stressful moments it all went down very well. My dessert was delicious but Sophie didn't really enjoy it as much as she thought she would so maybe she's just not a Lemon Meringue Pie fan! We had a glass of Champagne before the meal to celebrate and after we'd eaten we showed my parents a recording of the big storm we'd witnessed in Florida back in 2014. Now that I can access YouTube on our TV it was so much more dramatic. We also watched a bit of the golf that is coming from Florida at the moment and I yearned to be there!

No comments: