Thursday 10 March 2016

Stuck in a jam!

Sophie was due in at university at 10am today so we dropped Mike off at school and drove to Waitrose for a cup of coffee. There was no point going all the way home and then back out again. While we had our coffee we wrote down the menu for the week and as soon as we'd dropped Sophie off we went shopping.

My daughter sent me a message in the afternoon saying that she was going for something to eat with her friend Alice and could I pick her up between 4pm-5pm? I said that was fine as long as I was home for about 5.30pm as my friend Sue was coming over for a drink and some nibbles.

Later in the afternoon, just after I'd finished tidying up a bit, Sophie sent me a message to say could Keith pick her up from town at 5.30pm? As it was now almost 5pm I was very annoyed indeed as she hadn't said anything about going into town to eat! I called her and said we would be on our way to pick her up now as it would take me half an hour to get into Northampton. It was rush hour!

Sophie was most apologetic on the way home but I had to call Sue to ask her to come a bit later as the traffic was so bad! We arrived home and I quickly went to get changed before preparing the nibbles. Sue had brought a beautiful bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape with her and it went very well with the food I'd bought. We had a great chat and a laugh while Keith cooked pizza and wedges for the children and himself but my daughter wasn't hungry as she'd had a hearty meal at Prezzo!



No comments: